More Destinations Revealed for “Star Tours: The Adventures Continue”?
WDWNT’s own Cody Smith recently attended the “Love is Magical” pin event at Walt Disney World. How does this apply to Star Tours? Well, there was a pin preview board at the event, and Disney was showcasing some of the pins that will be released when Star Tours re-opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 20th and Disneyland Park June 3rd:
Now, the photo is not of the best quality, but we believe it reveals destinations guests will be traveling to in “Star Tours: The Adventures Continue”, and maybe even what will happen when they get there. The two announced locations of Coruscant and Tatooine are represented. The Tatooine poster pin even shows the Starspeeder 1000 getting stuck in a podrace, a scenario that has already been revealed. With this in mind, we believe the other 6 pins reveal more destinations and events that guests may experience randomly.
Let’s examine the posters in order from left to right:
- On Geonosis (a setting from Episode II), guests may be chased by Boba Fett and the Slave I vehicle.
- The second pin features Darth Vader and the Death Star, so we may be running into some friends from the Empire once again.
- Coruscant is the third poster, an already revealed location.
- Kashyyyk is the 4th poster, the home of Chewbacca. Since we noticed concept art that looked like this planet behind George Lucas in a Disney-released publicity shot from many months ago and were then told we will see Chewbacca along the way, this location is really no surprise. However, the poster clearly states that we will visit Treetop Villas, perhaps an inside joke about Disney’s Treehouse Villas?
- Hoth is the fifth planet poster. This snowy planet from Episode V has a poster featuring a Tauntauns and what we believe is a Wampa (the snow-monster that attacks Luke Skywalker).
- Tatooine is the sixth planet poster. The already revealed scenario where guests get stuck in the middle of a podrace is featured here, including famous racer Sebulba from Episode I.
- The seventh poster pin features Bespin, the cloud city from Episode V. You may remember Bespin was featured in the queue-area commercial Disney previewed last summer at Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando.
- The final poster pin features Naboo from the prequel trilogy. Home to Queen Amidala and the Gungans (including Jar Jar Binks), the Starspeeder 1000 may encounter a giant sea monster like the one featured in Episode I.
Again, these destinations are not confirmed, but the appearance of the Starspeeder 1000 in these scenes and the fact that several already announced locations & character encounters are featured leads us to the conclusion that these are spoilers for the new attraction. Stay tuned to WDW News Today as more information on “Star Tours: The Adventures Continue” becomes available.
1 Comment + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Tag Cloud of Doom
Blue Sky Cellar Buena Vista Street Cars Land Carthay Cirlce Theater D23 D23 Expo Disney's Electrical Parade Disney California Adventure Disneyland Disneyland Hotel Disneyland Monorail Disneyland News Today Disneyland Resort Downtown Disney El Capitan Theatre ElecTRONica Fantasmic Halloween Time Haunted Mansion Holiday Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Hollywood Pictures Backlot Innoventions It's a Small World Limited Time Magic Main Street USA Matterhorn Bobsleds Mickey's Fun Wheel Paradise Pier Pirates of the Caribbean PIXAR Play Parade Pixie Hollow Princess Fantasy Faire Radiator Springs Racers Star Tours Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Summer Nightastic! The Disney Gallery The Haunted Mansion The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure Tomorrowland Toy Story Mania Toy Story Midway Mania Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams WDW News Today World of Color